Los Angeles, California
2.5K views 10 comments

Had candle burning in bathroom for 2 1/2 hours - smoke alarm went off.I went into bathroom to find candle engulfed in 6 inch flames.

Doused with water to put out but that made the candle explode and flames burst to about 5 feet high. Hot wax burst everywhere which caused 2nd degree burns on my left hand and more minor burns on my right hand, stomach, face and neck.

Bathroom cabinet damaged in two spots and wax all over floor counter and mirror and smoke stains on ceiling and walls.It was a 3 wick Lavendar Chamomile Candle in blue glass and was in one of their metal decorative sleeves.

Review about: Lavender Chamomile.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $200
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Bath And Body Works?

Comments

Port Washington, New York, United States #1261894

candle is not supposed to be used after wax is only 1/2" high

Lima, Ohio, United States #1192316

Hot glass and cold water make things explode.Your wicks were too long and the directions on the jar say trim them before every use.

You're an ***.I'm sorry your burns weren't worse.

Scott
New Jersey, United States #1122756

My daughter lit the 3 wick candle in the bathroom, and took a shower.We thought she put out the candle when we smelled smoke.

We opened the door to find the candle engulfed in flames. I covered it with a metal pan let it cool and put it outside.

We've hand no problem with this candle before.

Why would it burst into flames?I've never seen a candle do this.

So most of this happened because you're an ***. Sue the scholl system.

So...What's the problem?

You're not supposed to douse flames with water. And never leave a candle unattended

Manassas, Virginia, United States #813392

...Fire extinguishers have chemicals to cool flames.

You basically doused hot glass In cold and that is why it exploded..

That's basic safety hazard rules.You never should drastically change a glasses temperature.

A B&BW candle just exploded and burnt my a huge circle on my kitchen countertop- goodbye security deposit. So annoyed...

Use your noggins
to Anonymous Dallas, Texas, United States #757975

No candle should be burnt for 2 1/2 hours nor should it be left unattended, when lit. Thats just plain common sense.

to Use your noggins #792248

Candles state on the bottom do not burn more than 3-4 hours at a time. Should not leave unattended but 2 1/2 hours is Not too long.